According to many health experts, in an alkaline body there is no room for illnesses and disorders! It is an acidic body that is a perfect environment to develop many common diseases like cancers, diabetes, heart diseases, high blood pressure, cholesterol, obesity, fatigue, just to mention a few – they cannot form or survive in an alkaline state!
So it is extremely important for your good health to balance the pH level and keep your body alkaline and let it perform at its best!
pH (potential hydrogen) is a way of measuring the level of the alkalinity or acidity in our body; zero = acid, 14 = alkaline.
You need slightly alkaline body as your cells, your immune system and bacteria in your gut all require an alkaline environment; above 7.0 is alkaline; our blood pH has a very narrow range, ideally for human body about 7.35 to 7.45. Anything above that value is considered alkaline; anything below is described as acidic. If our blood pH differs from this range, we fall sick or begin to show symptoms of sickness. If the pH value drops below 6.8 or above 7.8, our cells will stop functioning properly and the human body will die.
What are the main factors to make your body acidic:
• Stress, negative emotions, envy, anger
• alcohol, smoking, coffee,
• polluted environment, lack of oxygen,
• dehydration, fizzy drinks
• refined white products like sugar, pasta, bread, rice
• pharmaceuticals and artificial sweeteners
• meat and animal fat
• processed foods
• dairy products
These are the main indicators, the list can go on!
Let’s concentrate on what is good and beneficial for your body. How to become more alkaline:
1. Get plenty of fresh air and learn to breathe deeply
2. Slow abdominal breathing leads to relaxation, helps to reduce stress and to alkalise the body by detoxifying the blood stream.
3. Stop drinking alcohol, coffee and smoking or at least start reducing them.
4. Drink plenty of fresh, clean water, stay hydrated; start your day with lemon water! 5. Follow with fresh green alkalizing juice or smoothie in the morning.
6. Switch to nutritious and alkaline diet; introduce more plant-based foods.
7. All green vegetables with high alkalinity like broccoli, cabbage, celery, kale, spinach, lettuce, chicory, fennel, dill, cauliflower, chives, cucumber, dandelion, endive,
8. Other vegetables; carrots, parsnips, green beans, mushrooms, peppers, sweet potatoes, radishes, squash, turnips, watercress, aubergines, beetroots.
9. Sprouts, fermented and cultured foods.
10. Use natural household cleaning agents such as soda or diluted apple cider vinegar.
11. Use natural bath and body products.
12. Wear natural clothing, avoid synthetics!
13. Meditation and concentration; yoga or other kind of exercise is great!
These are only general hints and a starting point; you can find out more about alkaline and acidic foods here: http://www.phmiracleliving.com/t-food-chart.aspx
There are recommendations that to naturally balance our pH level we consume 80% alkaline-forming foods and just 20% of acid-forming foods. To guide you which direction to go and how to implement alkalizing drinks and foods or other important factors into everyday life, join us for series of Raw Food topics, useful tips and recipes in the following blogs. Individuality of our immune and digestive system! – coming soon.